TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE WHITBY COLOURING COMPETITION
1. The promoter is Aldi Stores Limited (“Aldi”). We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 2321869. Our registered office is at Holly Lane, Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 2SQ. Our VAT number is GB813053468.
2. To contact us, please visit us at https://customerservice.aldi.co.uk/contact or call us on 0800 042 0800.
HOW TO ENTER THE PRIZE DRAW/ SIGNIFICANT TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. To enter the competition, children up to the age of 12 should colour and complete ONE ALDI Christmas competition template which will be handed out to participants at Whitby Christmas Market, Front Marina Car Park, Langborne Road, Whitby, YO22 4AG on 15th and 17th November. The templates will only be available at this location.
2. When submitting your competition entry you MUST provide Name, Age and Contact Telephone Number or Email Address of a parent or Guardian. We will only use this information in relation to the competition. We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary for the operation of the competition.
3. To enter the competition you can:
a. Hand in your entry to a Store Manager at ALDI Whitby, Fairfield Way, Whitby Business Park, YO22 4PU between Saturday 16th and Sunday 24th November 2019 during store opening times; or
b. Send by mail to the above address. You are responsible for the cost of sending your competition entry to us and we are not responsible for any entries that do not arrive by 4pm Sunday 24th November.
4. The closing time for receipts of entries will be 4pm Sunday 24th November 2019. All correct entries received will then be entered into the Prize Draw.
6. Your entry will not be returned to you.
7. No purchase is necessary.
8. There is one prize available.
RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
1. Entry is open to residents in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) aged up to 12 years except:
a. Aldi’s employees and their immediate families (such as children, parents, spouses, siblings, aunts, uncles and grandparents); or
b. Employees, officers or agents of any companies associated with the Prize Draw or of any companies or organisations who are engaged in the provision of services to Aldi;
2. Only one entry per child will be counted.
3. The decision of Aldi in terms of the eligibility and correctness of any entry will be final.
Entries may be disqualified if:
1. They are made on the basis of a false name or other false entry details;
2. They involve an attempt to tamper or interfere with the entry process;
3. Aldi otherwise believes that they have been made in breach of these Terms;
4. They are corrupted, damaged, unintelligible or incomplete in any way.
1. There will be one prize. One winner will win a Children’s Christmas Hamper consisting of:
- Soft Toy
- Kid’s Christmas Gift Book
- Sticker Book x 3
- Book Advent Activity
- Book XMAS advent
- Mini Snack Raisins x22.Once received all entries will be numbered, the competition winner will be selected using a random number generator conducted by the Store Manager, who will contact the winner using the contact details provided on Monday 25th November 2019.
CONTACTING THE WINNERS AND DISTRIBUTING THE PRIZES
1. Aldi will attempt to contact the Prize Draw winner on Monday 25th November once they have been selected using the contact details provided either by telephone or email.
2. Aldi reserves the right to re-draw the Prize Draw if the winner cannot reasonably be contacted by Aldi by Sunday 1st December; or does not provide Aldi with any information and/or confirmations requested to prove their eligibility to enter the Prize Draw.
3. Notification of the winner’s prize will be sent to them at the UK address or their e-mail with details of how to claim the prize. The prize will be delivered within 28 days of the winner’s confirmation of their address. No alternative prize will be provided.
4. No cash alternative is available to the prize and it cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged.
5. Aldi accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prizes and not specifically included in the prize.
PUBLICITY AND PRIVACY
1. By entering the competition you give ALDI permission to display the entry with your child’s name on it in the ALDI Whitby store from Saturday 16th (or from the date the entry is received) until Sunday 24th November.
3. Details of the winner will also be available on written application to Megan Graham, Area Manager, ALDI, Fairfield way, Whitby Business park, Whitby, YO22 4PU.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
1. If Aldi fails to comply with these Terms it will be responsible for the loss or damage which you suffer which is a foreseeable result of its breach of the Terms or its negligence. However, Aldi will not be responsible for loss or damage which is not foreseeable or which is outside of Aldi’s reasonable control.
2. No responsibility or liability will be accepted by Aldi for entries which are not received or are lost in transmission for any reason.
1. Discretion: Where these Terms refer to the exercise of any discretion by Aldi or its appointed judges such discretion shall be absolute and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding any associated decisions.
2. Other promotions: Any other promotions run by Aldi will be governed by their own separate terms and conditions.
4. Events beyond our control: Events may occur that render the Prize Draw itself, the selection of winners or the awarding of prizes impractical due to reasons beyond Aldi’s control. We may, at our discretion, make such variations or amendments to the Prize Draw as we feel are necessary as a result of such events.
5. Cancellation of the Prize Draw: While Aldi will use every effort to ensure the Prize Draw is open until the intended closing date we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Prize Draw in whole or in part at any time. If you have already entered the Prize Draw by that point we will notify you of the change via the mobile number which you supply to us when you enter the Prize Draw. We will endeavour to give 2 days' notice of such a cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. If this is not possible we shall give you as much notice as we reasonably can.
6. Entire Agreement: These Terms (together with the documents referred to in them) constitute the entire agreement between you and Aldi in relation to your entry to the Prize Draw, and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements in respect of the Prize Draw.
7. Variation: We may update these Terms from time to time. We will notify you of any changes either by e-mail or by placing a suitable notice on the Site. These changes will take effect once such notice has been given.
8. Assignment: Aldi may at any time assign, transfer, mortgage, charge or deal in any other manner with any or all of its rights and obligations under or arising from these Terms.
9. Severability: Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
10. 3rd Party Rights: These Terms relate to an agreement between you and Aldi. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of these Terms.
11. Applicable Law: These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.
1. Aldi is committed to respecting your privacy and complying with its obligations under applicable data protection law, including the Data Protection Act 2018.
2. This policy sets out the basis on which your personal data will be used in respect of the Prize Draw. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated. By entering the Prize Draw you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
3. Your entry to the Prize Draw will require you to provide Aldi with the following information:
- your name;
- your contact phone number; y
- your email address;
- if you are selected as a winner of the Prize Draw, proof of your child’s age;
- if you are selected as a winner of the Prize Draw, your address.
4. Aldi and the Agency will use your information in the following ways: 2005896.3877/38228606 4
- Your child’s name: the name of the Prize Draw winner will be announced in accordance with the “Publicity and Privacy” section of the Terms.
- By entering the competition you give ALDI permission to display the entry with your child’s name on it in ALDI Whitby store from Saturday 16th (or from the date the entry is received) until Sunday 24th November.
- You will be notified if your child wins the Prize Draw or if we are otherwise required to contact you in relation to the Prize Draw (this may include contacting you to discuss your child’s entry to the Prize Draw); and
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Proof of your child’s age: This will be solely used to verify that your child is old/young enough to win the Prize Draw.
- Your address: This will be used to deliver your prize where applicable.
- Your email address and phone number: Your phone number will be used to contact you in relation to the Prize Draw (this may include contacting you to discuss your entry to the Prize Draw).
5. ALDI want you to remain in control of the personal information you provide to us. Data protection law gives you certain rights over your information e.g. the right to access it, or have it deleted when it is no longer required. If you would like further information about any of your rights or wish to exercise them, please contact ALDI.