All of our produce is Red Tractor or GLOBAL G.A.P certified. This guarantees that produce is sourced from growers who meet standards for food safety, hygiene and environmental protection. As part of these standards, growers apply strict methods of control to pesticide use.
Over 55% of our British produce suppliers also achieve LEAF (Linking Environment and Farming) Marque standards. LEAF Marque growers care for the environment by:
• Carefully managing hedgerows to provide habitats and food for wildlife
• Using pesticides and fertilisers only when absolutely necessary
• Leaving a strip of land between hedgerows and crops to act as a habitat for as a wildlife
• Recycling on-farm waste and conserving energy
• Improving water efficiency and quality