Due to variations in the winemaking process the actual Alcohol By Volume (ABV) of the wine which you receive may vary by +/- 0.5% compared with the ABV shown in the images on our site.
- Product no longer available
“The inside of this bottle is as smart as the outside! There are layers of flavour here with good ripeness of fruit; tangerine, nectarine and apricot all cut through with a crisp minerality. Textured and long this is a lovely example of this trendy grape variety.”
Lively golden yellow, with greenish reflections. Clean and balanced, with citric and white fruit notes and white flower aromas. In the mouth it is fresh, round and elegant, refreshing, persistent and very pleasant.
The hillside vineyards...
- The Albanta Albariño wine is from the hillside vineyards of Horacio Araujo, in Tomiño, overlooking the Spanish/Portuguese border. This is the Rosal sub-zone of Rias Baixas and the characteristic is more fruit driven than saline. The wines have great elegance. The vineyard is unique in Rias Baixas as it is over 100Ha of continuous Albariño in a single hillside plot, planted on terraces. As such, it is the largest vineyard in private hands in the entire region. All the wines are made from grapes grown on the farm.
The Rosal Winery...
- About 100,000 bottles of Albanta are made, by the wine maker Pablo Sarmiento at The Rosal Winery. The entire vineyard makes 1.3 million bottles in total. Horacio also has 43 Hectares planted in the Val de Salnes subzone. Albanta is aged 6 months on its fine lees (sobre lias), giving the wine great depth, finesse and elegance. It has peach, nectarine and apple notes, great mouthfeel and a persistent finish.
- Allergy: Contains sulphites
- Aroma: White flower aromas
- Colour: White
- Residual Sugar: 2g/l
- Taste: Clean and balanced, with citric fruits and white fruits notes. White flowers aromas. In the mouth it is fresh, round and elegant.