Due to variations in the winemaking process the actual Alcohol By Volume (ABV) of the wine which you receive may vary by +/- 0.5% compared with the ABV shown in the images on our site.
- Product no longer available
Artisan Tasmanian Pinot Noir
Situated on the 42nd parallel, the island of Tasmania is Australia's most southerly state. Cold, isolated and beautiful, the pristine natural environment of Tasmania affords the opportunity to craft unique, sophisticated parcels of some of the world's finest varietal wines.
Single vineyard, hand-picked and artisanally crafted using only traditional methods and indigenous yeasts, this Pinot Noir is a stunning example of the power, purity and viticultural potential of this amazing island - its people and its produce.
|Medium to Full Bodied|
The Tasmanian Valleys ...
- This exceptional Artisan Tasmanian Pinot Noir is a blend of numerous vineyards in Tasmania, the Derwent Valley, Coal Valley, Tamar Valley & Huon Valley. Glenn James, who has 30 years of winemaking experience throughout Australia and New Zealand is now Chief Winemaker for winemaking Tasmania. Following 20 years involvement with the Tasmanian wine industry. A cool dry winter and spring allowed for an excellent flowering and fruit set. Welcome rain in January set up the vines for the dry ripening period ahead. The warmest season on record produced wonderfully ripe tannins and robust varietal flavours. A multi-vineyard sub-regional blend with fruit sourced from the Derwent Valley, Coal Valley, Tamar Valley & Huon Valley produced an exceptional Tasmanian Pinot Noir.
- Allergy: Contains sulphites, milk & egg
- Aroma: Perfumed sour cherry with complexing spice
- Colour: Red
- Food Matching: Roast turkey, seared fish or mild blue cheese
- Residual Sugar: 0.2g/l
- Serving Advice: 14-17 degrees C
- Taste: Layered and harmonious, fine structural tannins frame the intense fruit flavours
- Units Per Bottle: 10.5
- Units Per Serving: 1.8