Due to variations in the winemaking process the actual Alcohol By Volume (ABV) of the wine which you receive may vary by +/- 0.5% compared with the ABV shown in the images on our site.
- £ 8.99
- £8.99 per 75cl
Delivery & Returns
- Free standard delivery over £30 (exclusions apply). Delivery will be within 3-5 working days. Please note, for pre-orders this time follows the estimated dispatch date.
- Read more
- Deliver to your local CollectPlus store (over 7,000 stores to choose from). Deliveries will be made within 3-7 working days.
- Read more
- If you have any issues with your order, you can contact our Customer Services Team for assistance on 0800 042 0800.
- SOLD OUT
A supreme tasting white wine with very delicate, fresh aromas of herbs and stone fruit. On the palette, it is rich, intense and persistent with flavours of orange, lemon and a hint of spice.
Welcome to Rioja
Based on the site of a Monastery, Baron de Ley was originally founded in 1985. They own a large majority of total vineyards in the Rioja region. Producing a range of different styles from traditional reservas to more esoteric wines; such as the single varietal Garnacha Blanca. Garnacha Blanca is a part of the Rioja tradition, but due to its scarcity, its not been very commercial. One of our main aims is to recover lost Rioja grapes as it retains incredible freshness, delicateness & plentiful aromas. The flagship for eastern Rioja.
Our white garnacha comes from our vineyard in Ausejo (Rioja Oriental). The vineyard is planted on alluvial soils of carbon, silt and limestone. Our hand harvested grapes are macerated for 4 hours in the press and the juice is fermented in concrete tanks. After fermentation, the wine is aged in oak for 2 months followed by a bottle ageing before release. Moreover, Mayte Calvo, one of our main winemakers was born in Rioja and has always had a passion with the rare grape.
- Allergy: Contains sulphites
- Aroma: Delicate, fresh aromas of herbs and stone fruit
- Colour: White
- Food Matching: Seared scallop risotto or summer salads
- Residual Sugar: 1.29g/l
- Serving Advice: 8-10 degrees C
- Taste: On the palette, it is rich, intense and persistent with flavours of orange, lemon and a touch of spice
- Units Per Bottle: 9.8
- Units Per Serving: 1.6