Due to variations in the winemaking process the actual Alcohol By Volume (ABV) of the wine which you receive may vary by +/- 0.5% compared with the ABV shown in the images on our site.
- Product no longer available
“This is a really, really attractive Provence rosé from the Sainte-Victoire region. It has crispness and freshness but also ripe, red raspberry and cranberry fruit that is crunchy and characterful.”
Côtes de Provence St Victoire Rosé
This Rosé wine is issued from a prestigious terroir of Provence located on the foothills of the Sainte-Victoire mountain, fresh, gourmet and elegant, this wine will be perfect as an aperitif or with salads, tomatoes and grilled meats.
Fresh and elegant on the palate, this rosé wine offers a beautiful minerality thanks to the citrus fruit tone.
|Côtes de Provence St Victoire|
Côtes de Provence ...
- The appellation Côtes de Provence is located in the South of France, in Provence. It spreads over more than 20000 Ha. Le Cengle is situated east from Aix-en-Provence, in the village of Châteauneuf-le-Rouge, on the Cengle plateau, at the foot-hill of Montagne Sainte-Victoire. The castle, at the end of 400 meter alley, forms the main building of the estate. The building seems to lean against the Cengle, a big grey cliff standing above the Estate.
The old roman road ...
- Le Cengle is on the Via Dominita, an old roman road with an altitude between 230 and 257 meters above sea level. The land's made of clay and sand soil with Bauxite that makes it red. The name of the village Chateauneuf -le -Rouge comes from the colour; rouge means red in French. The grape varieties on the estate are Cabernet-Sauvignon, Cinsault, Grenache, Syrah, Vermentino and Viognier.
The grape ...
- The grapes are pressed with great care right when they arrive at the winery (pneumatic press). Only the first juices, the clearest, are kept to elaborate rosé wines. The must is let to settle down to obtain fine and delicate aromas. The fermentation lasts for several days at 14°C. The temperature rises slowly to reach 20°C. The ageing lasts 3 months on fine lees, in stainless-steel Vats.
- Allergy: Contains sulphites
- Aroma: The nose reveals itself with intensity, stressed by citrus fruit and grapefruit aromas combined with a great minerality
- Colour: Rosé
- Food Matching: As an aperitif, with summery foods such as salad or grilled meats
- Serving Advice: 8-10 degrees C
- Taste: Fresh and elegant on the palate, this rosé wine offers a beautiful minerality thanks to the citrus fruit tone. The finish is smooth and fresh