Due to variations in the winemaking process the actual Alcohol By Volume (ABV) of the wine which you receive may vary by +/- 0.5% compared with the ABV shown in the images on our site.
- Product no longer available
Pale yellow in the glass and with absolutely typical lemon-apple aromas, complete with a tiny back-note of hard stone fruit. Fresh and clean acidity and a charming suppleness that leads into an almost chalky textured and long finish. A classic cool climate Chardonnay - a classic Chablis.
This Serge de Bucy produced Grand Vin de Bourgogne Chablis AOC originates from east central France.
The Chablis Vineyards ...
- The Chablis vineyards are located in northern Burgundy near Auxerre, which are alongside a small river, The Serein ("Serene"). The subsoil in this region is known as Kimmeridgian - a geographical age which dates back to 155 millions years BC. It offers alternating marl, limestone and tiny deposits of oysters in the rock, reminiscent of the warm and shallow sea which then covered Burgundy. Chablis has a cool climate and is well-known for producing dry wines with high acidity, with green fruit and citrus notes.
- Allergy: Contains sulphites
- Aroma: Crisp and fresh
- Colour: White
- Food Matching: Oysters, white meats - particularly rabbit or vegetable platters
- Taste: Fresh and elegant with a harmonious structure and mineral finish
- Units Per Bottle: 9.4
- Units Per Serving: 1.6
- Vegan: Yes