Due to variations in the winemaking process the actual Alcohol By Volume (ABV) of the wine which you receive may vary by +/- 0.5% compared with the ABV shown in the images on our site.
- Product no longer available
“Attractive aromas of spice, black cherry, Morello cherry and bramble fruit. This is a ripe and attractive Merlot based Bordeaux blend (85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Franc) with a sprinkling of white pepper on the finish.”
Chateau Jacques Blanc St-Émilion GC
Château Jacques Blanc wines are renowned for their finesse and colour, a trait helped in part by the 40 year old vines. This is classic right-bank Bordeaux: wild berries, crushed dark fruits and discreet well judged oak character. It is dense on the palate with fruit-wrapped tannins and the generous opulent purity so characteristic of the lovely vintage 2015.
Château Jacques Blanc ...
- Château Jacques Blanc is located near the medieval village of Saint-Etienne-de-Lisse, one of the 8 communities that constituted the jurisdiction of Saint-Émilion as early as 1289. Saint-Émilion is one of the most important appellations in right bank Bordeaux, producing premium quality merlot. The château itself can be traced back to 1650 and was mentioned in one of the most famous books published in Bordeaux in 1998. Extensive work has been done on the vineyard and winery at the château and the latest vintages show the great potential of Château Jacques Blanc.
- Allergy: Contains sulphites
- Aroma: The nose is a concentration of black fruits such as blueberry and blackberry so characteristic of this vintage. Sweet and spicy nuances like vanilla and black pepper due to a delicate oak touch.
- Colour: Red
- Food Matching: Beef entrecôte, truffle omelette or Saint-Nectaire cheese
- Residual Sugar: 1.9g/l
- Serving Advice: 16-18 degrees C
- Taste: Rich and precious notes of sandalwood and liquorice. The palate is ample with a sweet texture of Merlot, sweet and powerful notes combined with a well-balanced Cabernet Franc.
- Units Per Bottle: 10.9
- Units Per Serving: 1.8