- We at Aldi work closely with our colleagues over in our International Corporate Responsibility team to ensure that Aldi CR policies have a widespread positive impact on the planet and our customers by delivering the greatest possible value.
- We will support partnerships and collaborations to improve the livelihoods and working conditions for producers right along our high-priority supply chains.
- By being transparent about challenges and using our voice to advocate for change.
- All of our suppliers are expected to comply with our human rights policy and standards.
- We will use our buying power to respect and support human rights.
- We have committed to halving our plastic packaging by 2025, and all of our own-label packaging will be reusable, recyclable or compostable by 2022.
- We are committed to reducing our operational food waste by 50% by 2030. In 2021, we will introduce 75% reductions in stores, which will help this. We aim to redistribute over 10,000 tonnes of food through the Neighbourly programme.
- We have committed to deforestation free supply chains by 2030 and net zero carbon emissions in our supply chain by 2040. We also have goals on palm oil, timber and pulp and other areas.
We are continuing to reduce our operational emissions through energy consumption reduction, investing in renewable technology, procuring 100% green electricity and improving transport efficiency.
We are also aiming for net zero carbon emissions in our supply chain by 2040. We will be working closely with our suppliers to achieve this.
- We are constantly reformulating our products to improve.
We launched a sustainable basket showing our customers how they can make their Aldi baskets healthier and more sustainable.
- We are committed to have 70% of our food and drink sales to come from healthier items by 2025.
- Teenage Cancer Trust are our key charity partner, and we have been fundraising for them since 2017. In 2020 we hit our £5 million fundraising milestone 18 months early, and we have further extended our partnership to 2027, with the goal of reaching £10m.
- Farm Africa are an international development charity supporting farmers. We have extended our Growing Futures partnership in Kitale, Western Kenya, for a further 2 years, to help boost farmers' resilience to climate change and seasonal variability.
- During 2021, we have pledged to donate 10 million meals to local causes through our partnership with Neighbourly.
- We have teamed up with Mental Health UK in a 2 year partnership, to provide practical tools and guides that aim to give colleagues the confidence to speak openly about their own mental wellbeing.