Due to variations in the winemaking process the actual Alcohol By Volume (ABV) of the wine which you receive may vary by +/- 0.5% compared with the ABV shown in the images on our site.
Fairtrade Chenin Chardonnay
Cape Original is a rare find. This winemaker has sourced premium parcels of Chenin Blanc from different vineyard sites to blend with a small but exceptional batch of Chardonnay to add a particular and unique dimension to this blend.
The Chardonnay adds tropical fruit flavours to the blend with a touch of vanilla on the palate. This results in a wine with layers of complexity that reveal themselves slowly as you discover all the pleasures of the Cape... Cape Original is part of the Fairhills range of wines that benefit the Fairhills Fairtrade Projects in South Africa.
Fairhills is one of the largest Fairtrade projects in South Africa and currently brings life changing educational facilities to hundreds of people who live and work on farms.
|Chenin Blanc & Chardonnay|
- Allergy: Contains sulphites
- Aroma: Concentrated aromas of green melon and guava on the nose.
- Colour: White
- Food Matching: Great with sushi and fish and chips
- Residual Sugar: 4g/l
- Serving Advice: 10-12 Degrees C
- Taste: On the palate there is ripe fruit with hints of minerality and a full yet focused finish to the wine
- Units Per Bottle: 9.4
- Units Per Serving: 1.6
- Vegan: Yes
- Vegetarian: Yes