Due to variations in the winemaking process the actual Alcohol By Volume (ABV) of the wine which you receive may vary by +/- 0.5% compared with the ABV shown in the images on our site.
- £ 7.29
“This is a flavourful and attractive wine with lots of soft and ripe mulberry, blackberry and blue fruits with balanced tannins. A delicious glass of wine made from indigenous Portuguese varieties such as Tinta Roriz, Touriga Nacional and Touriga Franca.”
Delivery & Returns
- Free Standard Delivery over £20 (exclusions apply). Delivery will be within 3-7 working days from order date unless your order contains a pre-ordered item. Pre-orders will be delivered in 3-7 working days from the item’s estimated dispatch date.
- Read more
- Deliver to your local CollectPlus store (over 7,000 stores to choose from). Deliveries will be made within 3-7 working days for only £2.95.
- Read more
- If you have any issues with your order, you can contact our Customer Services Team for assistance on 0800 042 0800.
Gloria Douro Reserva
- IN STORE ONLY
From the best terroirs of Portugal's Douro Valley, we've selected the finest Tinta Roriz, Touriga Nacional and Touriga Franca grapes. The result is a gorgeous wine, aged in oak barrels, with delicate, complex and persistent aromas.
|Medium to Full Bodied|
7th Generation Winemaker..
- Vicente Faria is a 7th generation winemaker, and you can taste the legacy in each bottle. Learning from his great-grandfather as a young child on the slopes of the Douro Valley, Vicente has dedicated his entire academic and professional career in the pursuit of wine making mastery. Production is carefully controlled, using only sustainable farming practices, with the goal of making remarkable wines that respect the tradition and the terroir of the oldest demarked wine region in the world.
Glorious. Splendorous. Extraordinary. These are common adjectives often used to describe this wine by consumers and critics alike. Every year a very small production of carefully selected Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca and Tinta Roriz grapes are used to produce this wine, which is then aged in French and American oak barrels for 12 months. The wine is then bottled for 6 months before being sent to the Douro wine institute for blind tasting, and being awarded “Reserva” quality status.
- Allergy: Contains sulphites
- Aroma: Complex fruit aromas, ripe red fruits and cinnamon spice
- Colour: Red
- Food Matching: Sensational with beef
- Residual Sugar: 5g/l
- Serving Advice: 14-17 degrees C
- Taste: Balanced and auspicious flavours, full of fruit, gentle spice and smooth tannins. An elegant wine by all measures