Due to variations in the winemaking process the actual Alcohol By Volume (ABV) of the wine which you receive may vary by +/- 0.5% compared with the ABV shown in the images on our site.
- £ 5.99
- £ 6.49
"A bright, attractive wine bursting with grapefruit pith, capsicum and a sprinkling of black pepper on the finish, this is focused, taut and would be terrific with white fish, asparagus or prawn pasta."
Delivery & Returns
- Free Standard Delivery over £20 (exclusions apply). Delivery will be within 3-7 working days from order date unless your order contains a pre-ordered item. Pre-orders will be delivered in 3-7 working days from the item’s estimated dispatch date.
- Read more
- Deliver to your local CollectPlus store (over 7,000 stores to choose from). Deliveries will be made within 3-7 working days for only £2.95.
- Read more
- If you have any issues with your order, you can contact our Customer Services Team for assistance on 0800 042 0800.
Leaf Plucker Sauvignon Blanc
A stunning Sauvignon Blanc that's packed full of flavour. Its name, Leaf Plucker, comes from the sheep who plucked the leaves from the vines, allowing the summer sun to ripen the grapes to perfection! The rest was up to legendary winemaker Thys Louw, who fermented a portion of the wine in French oak barrels. The result is a wine of great character, with intense tropical and zesty citrus flavours and a subtle toasty roundness.
The story of the Leaf Plucker Sauvignon Blanc...
When Thys Louw the legendary winemaker, peered out of his window, he saw in the early morning mist sheep serenely meandering through the vineyards. On closer inspection he realised they had been plucking the leaves from the vines, resulting in the summer sun reaching the grapes and ripening them to perfection!
Those trusty Leaf Pluckers did their bit, the rest was up to the winemaker who fermented the grapes on the skins to give the wine great texture. He also fermented a portion of the wine in french oak barrels. The result is an exceptional wine of great character with intense tropical, zesty citrus flavours and a subtle toasty roundness.
- Allergy: Contains Sulphites
- Aroma: Guava, citrus and honeysuckle
- Colour: White
- Residual Sugar: 3.4g/l
- Serving Advice: 10-12 degrees
- Taste: Intensely tropical, zesty citrus and subtle toasty roundness
- Units Per Bottle: 9.8
- Units Per Serving: 1.6