Moroccan chicken thighs served with couscous, yoghurt and pomegranate seeds.
Moroccan Chicken with Couscous and Yogurt
1kg pack Chicken Thigh Fillets
1 x Onion
1 x Lemon
2 x Cloves Garlic
400g tin Chickpeas
400g tin Chopped Tomatoes
100g Dried Apricots
100g Pitted Green Olives
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Paprika
30ml Rapeseed Oil
8g fresh Coriander
25g Pine Nuts
150g Greek Yogurt
1 x Chicken Stock Pot
Sea Salt and Black Pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6.
2. Put the chicken thighs into a large casserole dish. Juice the lemon and drizzle over the chicken.
3. Add the cinnamon, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper into a small bowl and mix well. Then rub this mixture over the chicken thighs.
4. Peel and finely chop the onion. Peel and mince the garlic. Then, in a large frying pan, sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes in the oil.
5. Chop the apricots and add to the frying pan, along with the drained chickpeas, olives and the tinned tomatoes.
6. Next, add the stockpot and 100ml of boiling water. Bring to the boil, then pour over the chicken.
7. Cook in the oven, uncovered, for 50 minutes.
8. Add the couscous and 100ml of boiling water to a fresh pan. Cover and leave for 10 minutes.
9. Chop the coriander.
10. Dry fry the pine nuts in a pan for a couple of minutes until golden.
11. Add the coriander to the couscous.
12. Serve the chicken with the couscous, alongside the yogurt and the pomegranate seeds.