Due to variations in the winemaking process the actual Alcohol By Volume (ABV) of the wine which you receive may vary by +/- 0.5% compared with the ABV shown in the images on our site.
- Product no longer available
Nucos Chilean Merlot
Named after the Owls that patrol the vineyard plots, this Gran Reserva Merlot has a nose dominated by cocoa and tobacco leaves. Very smooth and immediately appealing on the palate, it has a charming complexity - its mature fruit flavours combining with warming wild spice from time in premium oak barrels. A classic expression of premium Merlot from Chile.
|Valle de Colchagua|
In the Colchagua Valley...
- From the indigenous Mapuche word "nucu", Nucos are the short-eared owls that thrive in the fertile fields of Puquillay, in the Colchagua Valley. This is where the Edwards family acquired their very first plot of vines; the locals had nicknamed it "Los Nucos" for the numerous small owls that regularly patrolled it from dusk ‘til dawn.
- Nucos wines are a tribute both to Chile’s great biodiversity and to the family’s wine origins. Nucos Merlot Gran Reserva is made by an award-winning winemaking team, embracing the very latest techniques to produce an exceptional wine from carefully tended vines grown in our best sites. A smooth and full-bodied oak-matured wine with great richness of flavour.
- These Merlot grapes are carefully harvested to ensure only the best fruit is selected. The wine displays concentrated fruit aromas of strawberries and plums, with soft leather and spiced notes. Elegant and rounded with a long lasting finish, this Merlot can be paired with simply cooked steak or pork chops.
- Allergy: Contains sulphites
- Aroma: Delicate notes of blackberry, strawberry and black cherries with a touch of cedar, vanilla and toasty characters from the age in oak
- Colour: Red
- Food Matching: Tender and juicy steaks, loin chops or roasted vegetables
- Residual Sugar: 5.5g/l
- Serving Advice: 14-17 degrees C
- Taste: In the mouth it is structured with present tannins and rich fruit finish.
- Units Per Bottle: 10.9
- Units Per Serving: 1.8