Aldi Stores Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy and any other documents referred to on this website sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Aldi Stores Limited (Company Number 02321869) of Holly Lane, Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 2SQ (Data Controller Registration Number 25724527).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.aldi.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our newsletters, posting material, requesting further services or by you contacting our Customer Services Helpline. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion or when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs andother communication data and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES.
We may collect information about your computer either for system administration or to report to our advertisers which includes (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type. This statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns will be collected using Cookies, which alone cannot identify any individual.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on the hard drive of your computer and they enable a server to collect information from an Internet browser. You can find out more about how Cookies work at http://www.cookiecentral.com.
In short, Cookies can help us to improve our site and to deliver a better, more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern which can help us to improve your user experience.
- To store information about your preferences so we can do things like greet you personally and speed up your log-in when you come back to the site.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
You can set your browser to accept or reject certain Cookies or, if you prefer, you can set your browser to alert you each time a Cookie is detected. Previous Cookies that have been stored on your computer can also be deleted. However, if you block our Cookies or you subsequently delete a Cookie that has been placed, it will not be possible for you to use this website effectively - the system relies on Cookies to identify you as the user.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Aldi Stores Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Aldi Stores Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Aldi Stores Limited at Holly Lane, Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 2SQ. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not acceptany responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you..