Due to variations in the winemaking process the actual Alcohol By Volume (ABV) of the wine which you receive may vary by +/- 0.5% compared with the ABV shown in the images on our site.
- Product no longer available
Rioja Gran Reserva 2010
This Rioja Gran Reserva is a rich, yet elegant and velvety smooth wine. An aromatic explosion with notes of ripe fruit and subtle tones of ageing in barrel for 2 years and in bottle for a further 3 years.
Perfectly balanced with layers of intense complexity. An excellent companion to roasted red meats, particularly lamb, or rich chocolate desserts.
Elecigo vineyards ...
- The Rioja Gran Reserva 2010 is produced in the Elecigo vineyards of the Rioja Alavesa. The clay-limestone soil combined with the continental, Mediterranean climate are the perfect elements for the 30 to 40 year old Tempranillo grape to grow.
The wine making ...
- The wine making begins in the Elecigo vineyards of the Rioja Alavesa during the first ten days of October. A two-step ‘rack and return’ process takes place, this daily delestage routine ensure the grapes are fermented. To ensure this delightful Rioja Gran Reserva 2010 matures to perfection as it ages in barrels for twenty four months and then thirty six months in the bottle. The aromas of oak develop as the wine ages in the barrels. These barrels are all brand new with 75% being made from French Oak and 25% being made from American Oak.
- Allergy: Contains sulphites
- Aroma: Very fine aromas from the oak maturation (vanillas, spices and aromatic herbs) perfectly blended with very mature fruit bouquet.
- Colour: Red
- Food Matching: An excellent companion to roasted red meats, particularly lamb, or mature hard cheese.
- Residual Sugar: 1.8g/l
- Serving Advice: 14-17 degrees C
- Taste: Vanilla, roasted coffee, raisins and spices
- Units Per Bottle: 10.1
- Units Per Serving: 1.7