Terms of Entry to the Aldi Royal Highland Show competition ("The Competition").
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the contractual terms on which you may enter the Competition (the “Terms”).
There will be one competition winner, who will win 2 adult tickets to attend the Royal Highland Show 2016 for any show day across Thursday 23rd, Friday 24th, Saturday 25th or Sunday 26th June 2016. (the “Prize”).
Please read these Terms carefully before you enter the Competition. We recommend that, if you intend to enter the Competition, you print a copy of these Terms for your future reference.
Information About Us
1. We are Aldi Stores Limited (“Aldi”) and we are the promoter of this competition (the “Promoter”). We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 2321869. Our registered office is at Holly Lane, Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 2SQ. Our VAT number is GB813053468. To contact us, please visit us at https://www.aldi.co.uk/contact
or call us on 0844 406 8800.
How to Enter the Competition
2. Subject to Paragraphs 3 to 7 (Restrictions on entry), all you have to do to enter the Competition is enter by SMS text message by sending the word ‘ALDIRHS’ to 60777. Text messages are charged at your operator’s standard network rate.
Successfully completing the relevant step as set out at clause 2 (provided you have complied with any restrictions on entry below) will mean you have made a “Qualifying Entry”. No purchase is necessary.
Restrictions on Entry
3. Entry to the Competition is restricted to persons of 18 years or over residing within the United Kingdom.
4. One entry may be made per person per day via SMS entry. Where more than one entry per person per day is made, only one Qualifying Entry per day will be counted.
5. You may not enter the Competition if you are an employee of:
b) an organisation professionally involved in the Competition; or
c) a close relative of any such person.
6. The Competition commences at 00:01 in London on Monday 6 June 2016 and the closing date for entries is 23:59 in London on Friday 17 June 2016. Any entry received outside of the Competition Period will not be a Qualifying Entry.
7. No responsibility or liability will be accepted by Aldi for entries which are not received or are lost in transmission for any reason. Proof of sending or transmission will not be accepted as proof of entry. Corrupted, damaged, unintelligible, inaudible or incomplete entries will be invalid.
CHOOSING THE WINNERS
8. A random prize draw will take place following the end of the Competition Period.
Claiming your PRIZE
9. If you are a winner, the Promoter will attempt to contact you on Monday 20 June 2016, using the mobile number used to send your Qualifying Entry. You will be required to e-mail details of:
a) your full name;
b) your address and contact telephone number.
Once you have provided this information your Prize will be dispatched to the address you have provided to arrive by Wednesday 22 June 2016.
10. Should the promoter be unable to contact the winner on Monday 20 June, or should a winner be unable to accept their Prize for any reason, Aldi reserves the right to award their Prize to an alternative winner. Any such alternative winner will be drawn in accordance with these Terms. The Promoter accepts no responsibility in the event that incorrect contact details are provided by the entrant or if a winner cannot be contacted on the details provided.
11. There is one Prize available to be won during the Competition Period.
12. Aldi is responsible for the publication and adjudication of the Competition.
13. The Prize, is 2 adult tickets worth up to £52 for admittance to the Royal Highland Show 2016 for any show day across Thursday 23rd, Friday 24th, Saturday 25th or Sunday 26th June 2016. Children aged 15 or under will be admitted free of charge when accompanied by a paying adult. Children aged 16 or over will be charged the standard adult admission. For full admission and event details visit www.royalhighlandshow.org
14. The Prize will be for the relevant winner’s use only and is not transferable. Any attempt to sell or exchange a Prize will be considered a breach of these Terms and will entitle the Promoter to withdraw that prize.
15. Aldi reserves the right in its sole discretion to change a Prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value or to terminate this promotion. There will be no cash alternative available. If you are a winner you cannot request an alternative prize.
16. Privacy: Any personal data collected from you, or provided to the Promoter, will be processed by the Promoter in accordance with all relevant data protection legislation.
17. Events beyond our control: Events may occur that render the Competition itself or the awarding of the Prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Aldi. Aldi may, at its absolute discretion, make such variations or amendments to the Competition as we feel are necessary as a result of such events. The latest terms will be available at aldi.co.uk/royalhighlandshow
18. Cancellation of the Competition: While Aldi will use every effort to ensure the Competition is open until the intended closing date we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition in whole or in part at any time. If you have already entered the Competition by that point, we will notify you of the change via the email address or mobile number which you have supplied. We will endeavour to give you as much notice as we reasonably can of any such a cancellation, termination, modification or suspension.
19. Entire Agreement: These Terms (together with the documents referred to in them) constitute the entire agreement between you and Aldi in relation to your entry to the Competition, and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements in respect of the Competition.
20. Other promotions: Any other Aldi promotions will be governed by their own separate terms and conditions.
21. Liability: To the fullest extent possible in law, neither the Promoter nor agencies involved in this promotion will be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by matters relating to this promotion. All Winners take part in the competition at their own risk and the Promoter accepts no liability with regard to any Prize, including in relation to the winners’ enjoyment of the Prize.
22. Discretion: Where these Terms refer to the exercise of any discretion by the Promoter such discretion shall be absolute and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding any associated decisions. The Promoter, in particular, reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any entry or withdraw the award of a Prize if it believes it to have been a result of a breach of these Terms.
23. Applicable Law: These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
24. Publicity: The names and counties of the winners shall be available by sending a self-addressed envelope to Aldi Royal Highland Show Competition, McCann Manchester, Bonis Hall Lane, Prestbury, Cheshire SK10 4EF within 30 days of the closing date of the Competition. By entering this Competition, winners agree to participate in any reasonable publicity activity as requested by the Promoter and shall use best endeavours to make themselves available for any such publicity activity.