1. I love bubbles. Especially champagne and Veuve Monsigny NV is a frequent visitor to my fridge.
2. Wine drinking for me is very seasonal. In winter I want rounded, plush whites and smooth but powerful reds. In the spring and summer it’s back to rosé and whites with more zip along with a lighter red. The Exquisite Collection Clare Valley Riesling is my perfect spring and summer tipple.
3. I love oak in my wines, as I adore the spicy flavours oak brings to the party such as in Rioja.
4. I used to be a wine buyer and have a soft spot for Australian wines as I spent a lot of time in Oz, plus I met my husband there but that’s another story.
5. Wine is to be enjoyed whether on your own or with good friends and learning about what you like, regardless of what anyone else thinks is ultimately all that counts. I sat next to a lovely lady at a dinner once who kept apologising because she only drank pinot grigio. Even with steak. So what? She knew what she liked and that really is the most important thing and I am very much looking forward to helping everyone who wants to work out what wines they enjoy. Cheers!