- There’s more fibre in an orange than in most other fruits and veggies. Amazing, right?
- As a healthy snack, celery is hard to beat. Thanks to its high water content, 2 stalks contain around 25 calories.
- Lemons are great for aiding digestion and you can simply add a few slices or freshly squeezed juice to your water.
- Eating an apple can help you stay awake. In fact, the natural sugar in an apple is more potent than the caffeine in coffee.
Add fruit to your breakfast bowl.
From delicious porridge to toppings for your favourite cereal, adding fruit is an easy way to give your breakfast more flavour and texture and provide those all-important vitamins and minerals.
Replace pasta with courgettes.
A delicious and nutritious alternative to pasta or noodles, ‘courgetti’ has a similar consistency to spaghetti and tastes amazing with all your favourite pasta sauces whilst increasing your daily veg intake!
Replace meat with veg in a curry.
Eating more veg doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice the dishes you love most. Veg like aubergine, mushrooms and cauliflower are great substitutes for meat dishes and are still full of flavour.
- Easy sweet swaps
- Fancy a snack? Rather than head for the nearest chocolate bar, try one of our easy snack ideas using refreshing, juicy seasonal fruits, like blueberries with yoghurt and lime juice or watermelon with seeds.
- View Recipe
More nutrients & fibre in your diet.
Vegetarian diets typically encourage eating more fruit, veg, grains, beans and nuts that contain more nutrients and fibre with countless health and lifestyle benefits.
Good for your heart health.
Meat free meals can be naturally low in saturated fats and cholesterol and have been shown to reduce heart disease risk and improve health.
- Growing fresh British produce
- Find out how Aldi is committed to championing our suppliers and meet the makers who work so hard to bring us the finest food, all year round.
- JERSEY ROYALS
Angus Soft Fruits
The company was established in 1994 by 3 soft fruit growers, Lochy Porter, his father Willie Porter and cousin James Gray.
R & RW Bartlett
This family business has been growing top-notch carrots and parsnips since the 1950s.
NFU Fruit and Veg Pledge
We were the first supermarket to sign up to fair deals for all our fresh produce suppliers.
- Super 6
- We work with our fruit and veg suppliers to find the very best that’s in season, and then reduce the price. That’s what Super 6 is all about, the best produce at the best prices – amazing!
- Find out more