- There’s more fibre in an orange than in most other fruits and veggies. Amazing, right?
- As a healthy snack, celery is hard to beat. Thanks to its high water content, 2 stalks contain around 25 calories.
- Lemons are great for aiding digestion and you can simply add a few slices or freshly squeezed juice to your water.
- Eating an apple can help you stay awake. In fact, the natural sugar in an apple is more potent than the caffeine in coffee.
- From delicious porridge to toppings for your favourite cereal, adding fruit is an easy way to give your breakfast more flavour and texture and provide those all-important vitamins and minerals.
- A delicious and nutritious alternative to pasta or noodles, ‘courgetti’ has a similar consistency to spaghetti and tastes amazing with all your favourite pasta sauces whilst increasing your daily veg intake!
- Eating more veg doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice the dishes you love most. Veg like aubergine, mushrooms and cauliflower are great substitutes for meat dishes and are still full of flavour.
- Easy sweet swaps
- Fancy a snack? Rather than head for the nearest chocolate bar, try one of our easy snack ideas using refreshing, juicy seasonal fruits, like blueberries with yogurt and lime juice or watermelon with seeds.
- View Recipe
Vegetarian diets typically encourage eating more fruit, veg, grains, beans and nuts that contain more nutrients and fibre with countless health and lifestyle benefits.
Meat-free meals can be naturally low in saturated fats and cholesterol and have been shown to reduce heart disease risk and improve health.
- This family business has been growing topnotch carrots and parsnips since the 1950s.
- Grown exclusively on the island of Jersey, these small, sweet, summery potatoes are one of the food highlights of the year.
- The company was established in 1994 by 3 soft fruit growers, Lochy Porter, his father Willie Porter and cousin James Gray.