- Take advantage of Duolingo. It’s free, fun and addictive and offers a game-like approach to learning. Also try Open Culture’s free MP3 downloads. There are also some free basic language lessons online at the BBC for kids.
- Sewing and die cutting are 2 great ways to get creative, repurpose and save money at the same time. You can fix clothes, make pillows, create homemade gifts and cards, stickers, gift tags and more. Be inspired by our crafty Specialbuys.
- If you sign up to Fender.com, you’ll get 3 months of free step-by-step instruction. Ultimate Guitar has lots of free song chords. Meanwhile, Brit Award-winning artist Laura Marling and James Bay are teaching their Instagram fans how to play their hits.
- 3 top tips
Get dressed - sticking to a normal morning routine will help.
Clear a workspace - make sure you have a dedicated place just for you.
Take lots of breaks - go for walks, move around, stretch and be mindful.
- It sounds simple, right? But we’re so busy balancing work and home life, we rarely allow ourselves to slow down and be fully present. But it’s so rewarding when we do. So, give it a go.
- Life is something to be enjoyed. Doing just one thing at a time helps you remember more and de-stress. So, give one thing today all your attention, whether it’s stretching, cooking or organising.
- Turn ordinary household tasks into mini-mindfulness sessions. Instead of thinking of it as a chore, make it a mindful ritual. Something that keeps you in tune with the moment, with yourself and the world around you.
- Add a little daily calm in to your life by downloading the Calm App. It offers lots of great techniques on how to relax the mind, reflect and meditate.
- Comedy heroes Robin Ince, Al Murray and Josie Long are offering free live comedy nights and conversations from Cosmic Shambles Network’s Stay at Home Festival. Also, top podcasts like Book Shambles and Science Shambles.
- Hands up, who fancies a TV party tonight? Yes, you can now watch a movie or TV series with your friends online through Netflix Party. It synchronises video playback and adds group chat to your top shows. Brilliant!
- Choir master Gareth Malone knows we all need a little harmony in our lives. So, check out The Great British Home Chorus, on YouTube. Or try some simultaneous singing with The Sofa Singers.
- Bring everyone together
Plan it - pick your guests, set a date and choose a platform.
Theme it - choose a cuisine and download an after-dinner quiz.
Style it - dress the table and yourself. This is your new night out! So, make the most of it!