Stay safe and enjoy the show!
Stick to these important rules and you’ll be able to enjoy a fun fireworks night with your family. You can download the guide here, so everyone in your home can see how easy it is to stay safe.
1. Keep fireworks in a closed box and use them one at a time.
2. Read and follow the instructions on each firework and always adhere to the safety distances stated on the packaging.
3. Only let adults handle and light fireworks.
4. Wearing gloves, light the firework at arm’s length with a taper and stand well back.
5. Never put fireworks in your pocket or throw them.
6. Make sure you direct rocket fireworks away from spectators.
7. Keep naked flames, including cigarettes, away from fireworks.
8. Never return to a firework once it has been lit.
9. Always supervise children around fireworks.
10. Keep all pets indoors.
11. Never give sparklers to a child under 5.
12. Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves.
13. Don’t touch a finished sparkler as it will be hot, so ensure you put it in a bucket of water.
14. Always stand at a safe distance.