Replacing over 3,200 tonnes of unrecyclable plastic with recyclable alternatives - equivalent to 246 double decker buses!
Removing more than 6,000 tonnes of plastic from our own label products (or 30 blue whales!).
- Our Fresh Meat range has moved from cardboard shelf ready packaging (SRPs) to reusable crates, saving a fantastic 5,800 tonnes of packaging per year.
- Our Fresh Steak range will move to cardboard trays - an 88% plastic reduction per pack, equivalent to a massive 1,132 tonnes per year.
- We are removing plastic lids from our Baby Wipes, saving 535 tonnes of plastic per year.
- We have removed over lids from our Fresh Cream, Big Pot Yoghurts and Ready To Drink Coffee - a 208 tonne plastic reduction!
- We have switched our pizza bases from polystyrene to cardboard, removing 180 tonnes of plastic annually.
- Removal of labels across multiple fruit and vegetable lines has saved 178 tonnes of packaging per year.
- Changes across our Special Buy packaging has saved 35 tonnes of plastic and replaced 22 tonnes of unrecyclable plastic with a recyclable alternative (or 5,366 of our Special Buy Petrol Lawn Mowers!).
- We have removed glitter from all of our own-label Halloween and Christmas ranges.