- By the end of 2019, we had removed all black plastic from our fruit and vegetable and frozen food packaging, and all expanded polystyrene (EPS) has been removed from our Core Range Food! We are on track to achieve this goal by the end of the year.
- An (everyday) amazing 92% of our own label packaging is now recyclable!
- We have removed plastic over lids from Fresh Cream, Big Pot Yogurts and Ready to Drink Coffee - saving an incredible 34 million pieces of plastic! 34 of our fresh fruit and vegetable lines are now ‘loose’, meaning that they have no packaging at all!
- We’re changing the way we transport our fresh meat products to store, using reusable crates instead of cardboard boxes and plastic wrap.
- Currently 11% of our plastic packaging is made from recycled content, and we are working hard to increase this even further.
- We are working hard to achieve this goal by the end of the year.
Replacing over 3200 tonnes of unrecyclable plastic with recyclable alternatives - equivalent to 246 double decker buses!
Removing more than 7400 tonnes of plastic from our own label products (or 37 blue whales!).
- Our fresh meat range has moved from cardboard shelf-ready packaging (SRPs) to reusable crates, saving a fantastic 5800 tonnes of packaging per year.
- Our fresh steak range will move to cardboard trays - an 88% plastic reduction per pack, equivalent to a massive 1132 tonnes per year.
- We are removing plastic lids from our Baby Wipes, saving 535 tonnes of plastic per year.
- We have removed over lids from our Fresh Cream, Big Pot Yogurts and Ready To Drink Coffee - a 208 tonne plastic reduction!
- We have switched our pizza bases from polystyrene to cardboard, removing 180 tonnes of plastic annually.
- Removal of labels across multiple fruit and vegetable lines has saved 178 tonnes of packaging per year.
- Changes across our Specialbuys packaging has saved 35 tonnes of plastic and replaced 22 tonnes of unrecyclable plastic with a recyclable alternative (or 5366 of our Specialbuy Petrol Lawn Mowers!).
- We have removed glitter from all of our own-label Halloween and Christmas ranges.