If you're thinking family favourite, then this Spaghetti Bolognese will hit the mark.
500g Lean Minced Beef
1 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
1 Carrot (cubed)
1 Onion (diced)
2 Celery Stalks (diced)
2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
1 Beef Stock Cube
2x 400g Cans Chopped Tomatoes
1 tbsp Tomato Purée
1 tsp Dried Oregano
5g Fresh Basil
Parmesan to serve
1. In a large frying pan heat the oil and add the onions, celery, carrots and garlic.
2. Cook for 5 minutes until the onion has started to soften then add the minced beef and cook until browned.
3. Add the tinned tomatoes along with the purée, stock cube, oregano and basil.
4. Bring to the boil then leave to simmer for 30 minutes until thickened.
5. 10 minutes before the sauce is ready cook the spaghetti in boiling water (about 9 minutes cooking time).
6. Mix the spaghetti, with the sauce and serve with fresh parmesan.