We all have mental health, just like we all have physical health.
With one in four people experiencing a diagnosable mental health problem at some stage during their lives, many of us at Team Aldi are likely to be impacted at some point.
Our people are central to our ethos at Aldi; that’s why we’re sharing our commitment to:
• Continue to invest in improving how we support colleague wellbeing
• Promote colleagues’ mental wellness
• Ensuring all colleagues who need it, receive robust support to improve their mental wellbeing
Our mental health strategy is underpinned by 3 layers of support for Team Aldi:
We’re dedicated to building on this by doing even more to bring additional guidance and support to all our colleagues.
Our Priority Focus Areas
• Making mental wellbeing part of our everyday at Aldi
• Fostering our trusting, safe and open workplace culture to ensure it’s always okay to talk about your mental wellbeing
• Encouraging colleagues to feel comfortable to approach their Leaders for support
• Educating Leaders on internal support measures and how to appropriately signpost to a range of resources and guidance
• Ensuring everyone at Aldi enjoys a positive working environment where they’re supported and able to thrive
We will invest in our colleagues to:
We all have mental health, and we understand that no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to mental health. We each have a role to play in pledging to create the time and space to talk, challenge attitudes and drive this change.
How does this impact our colleagues?
If a member of Team Aldi opens up about their mental health at work, they can expect to feel listened to and supported by their Leader. The Leader may also be able to provide helpful resources or signpost colleagues to the additional support available. In order to provide the best possible support for Team Aldi, all of our Leaders:
Our ambition is for Aldi to be known as a team who understands and promotes good mental wellness, whilst confidently providing support and appropriately signposting anyone who is struggling with their mental wellbeing.
That’s why we will continue to invest in developing resources, maximising strategic partnerships with wellbeing experts and delivering ongoing training for Team Aldi.