Promoter: Aldi Stores Limited, Holly Lane, Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 2SQ.
1. This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. Purchase is necessary. Please retain an itemised receipt that states the time and date of purchase prior to entry, but within the Promotion Period, as this may be required for validation and in order for the winner to receive their Prize. Internet access and a valid email address are required.
3. Promotion Period: Enter between 00:01 GMT on the 6 November 2023 and 23:59 GMT on the 31 December 2023 inclusive.
4. To Enter: Purchase a Promotional Pack of ALDI Holly Lane 6 Christmas mince pies, scan the QR code on-pack or visit www.aldigoldenchristmas.co.uk and enter your unique code found inside the pack. Once the code has been validated enter your details (full name, email address and postcode) to find out instantly if you have won a prize.
5. Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per person per day during the Promotion Period. One itemized receipt per entry receipt must state the time and date of purchase, which must pre-date the entry date and time, but be within the Promotion Period.
6. Winner Selection:
a. Instant Win: During the Promotion Period, 1396 “winning moments” (days, hours, minutes, seconds) have been randomly selected by an independent verification service. The first valid entry on or after that winning moment will be awarded the Prize. If no entry is received between one winning moment to the next, the Prize from that winning moment will be rolled over, creating an additional winning moment. All 1396 Prizes are available to be won.
b. Wrap Up Draw: Following the end of the Promotion Period, in the event of any unclaimed/unwon Prizes, the Promoter reserves the right to request that PromoVeritas conducts a random draw for all non-winning entrants. As this depends wholly on what is won during the Promotion, the number of Prizes that may be awarded by this route is unknown.
7. Prizes: During the Promotion Period, there are a total of 1396 Prizes to be won. Prizes will be randomly allocated.
a. Tier 1: 1 x one years’ worth of shopping at ALDI valued at £5,200 (awarded as 52 x £100 ALDI Gift Cards)
b. Tier 2: 10 x £1,000 ALDI Gift Cards (awarded as 10 x £100 ALDI Gift Cards)
c. Tier 3: 35 x £500 ALDI Gift Cards (awarded as 5 x £100 ALDI Gift Cards)
d. Tier 4: 100 x £250 ALDI Gift Cards (awarded as 2 x £100 ALDI Gift Cards and 1 x £50 ALDI Gift Card)
e. Tier 5: 500 x £50 ALDI Gift Cards
f. Tier 6: 750 x £20 ALDI Gift Cards
8. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. ALDI Gift Cards:
i. should be treated as you would treat cash;
ii. can be used in any ALDI store in the United Kingdom;
iii. can be combined with other ALDI Gift Cards;
iv. can be given freely to any other person (who ALDI will then consider the proper bearer of that ALDI Gift Card);
v. are only valid for five years from the date they are purchased/ awarded (any amount left on an ALDI Gift Card after this date shall be forfeited without notice to you);
vi. have no value until a balance is loaded to them by ALDI (ALDI may load such balances at its discretion and set minimum and maximum amounts for such balances);
vii. purchased in the UK cannot be used in ALDI’s stores in the Republic of Ireland; and
viii. purchased in the Republic of Ireland cannot be used in ALDI’s stores in the UK.
b. If the value of a purchase you make with an ALDI Gift Card is:
i. greater than the balance of the ALDI Gift Card being used, you will need to pay the difference by alternative means; or
ii. less than the balance of the ALDI Gift Card being used, the remaining balance will remain on the ALDI Gift Card.
c. You can check the initial and subsequent balances for ALDI Gift Cards at checkouts in-store.
d. If any item purchased with an ALDI Gift Card is subsequently refunded or exchanged for an item of a lower value, ALDI will refund any money owed to you [on to the gift card].
e. ALDI Gift Cards:
i. cannot be exchanged for cash, change, vouchers or alternative gift cards;
ii. cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your legal rights (for example in the event they are faulty because they were not made to a satisfactory quality); and
iii. are not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card.
f. ALDI Gift Cards cannot be used for the purchase of:
i. ALDI or third party gift cards;
ii. lottery tickets, scratch cards or related material; or
iii. anything through ALDI’s website(s).
g. ALDI reserves the right to refuse to accept an ALDI Gift Card which ALDI believes has been duplicated or which ALDI otherwise suspects to be connected with criminal, fraudulent or malicious activity.
h. ALDI will not:
i. be liable for lost or stolen ALDI Gift Cards (or any amounts held on such cards);
ii. keep money deposited on ALDI Gift Cards separate from its own funds; or
iii. pay interest on ALDI Gift Card balances.
i. ALDI Gift Card balances are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme or the Financial Ombudsman Service. Such sums may be lost in the unlikely event that ALDI becomes insolvent.
j. Subject to your legal rights as a consumer, ALDI reserves the right to:
i. amend the Gift Card terms and conditions at any time; and
ii. take such actions in respect of the use and sale of ALDI Gift Cards that it, in its discretion, deems necessary to protect its commercial interests (including the cancellation or suspension of ALDI Gift Cards).
k. Use of ALDI Gift Cards is governed by English Law and the non- exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts is applicable to any dispute in relation to the ALDI Gift Cards.
l. For full Terms and Conditions of use of physical gift cards visit www.aldi.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.
9. Winner Notification:
a. Instant Win: The provisional winning entrants will be instantly notified on screen if they have won and will be sent a confirmation email to the email address used upon entry detailing their Prize. If a provisional winner does not follow the instructions on the email within 14 days of initial contact, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that provisional winner and return the Prize/s to the promotion Prize pool which may be won by another entrant during the Promotion Period. Any claims received that don’t meet these requirements or are received after the 14-day claim period, will be void and invalid and we reserve the right to return the Prize to the Promotion Prize pool which may be won by someone else during the Promotion Period.
b. Wrap Up Draw: Any provisional winners selected in this manner will be contacted via the email address provided on entry within 7 days of Wrap Up Draw Winner Selection and will be asked to provide evidence of identity and eligibility. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners. If a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserve the right to disqualify that entrant and award the Prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
10. Prize Acceptance: Once eligibility of a Prize is confirmed and the Prize is accepted, notification to arrange fulfilment of a Prize will take place within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a winner has not received communication to arrange their Prize the Winner must inform the Promoter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If a winner does not do so, the Promoter reserves the right to not reissue the Prize or limit its value at its sole discretion.
11. Provided no objection is received from the Tier 1, 2 and 3 Prize winners, a winners list containing the surname and county of residence of the Tier 1, 2 and 3 Prize winners will be made available by the Promoter 4 weeks after the close of the Promotion Period, for a period of 8 weeks. It will be available at www.promowinners.com/aldigoldenchristmas. Winners can object to their details being published during the Winner Notification process. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide winner information to the Advertising Standards Authority when requested by them.
12. The Promoter may request that winners participate in publicity arising from the Promotion. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
13. The Promoter seeks to run a fair and secure promotion and prevent abuse and cheating. If you enter in a way that is not consistent with these Terms & Conditions, your entry/ies (and any of your associated aliases) will be disqualified. Any Prize awarded may be void and not redeemable, and the Promoter reserves the right to bar you from entering future promotions for a period of at least six months. For this reason, the Promoter reserves the right at any point to:
a. Verify the eligibility of entrants and/or provisional winners through multiple means by requesting such information it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose. Entry or a Prize may be withheld until verification is completed.
b. Disqualify entries that are not made directly by the individual entering the Promotion.
c. Disqualify entries made using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
d. Disqualify bulk entries from individuals, trade, consumer groups or third parties, incomplete entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means.
e. Disqualify entries beyond the maximum allowed, or those using techniques such as ‘script’, ‘brute force’, multiple SIM cards for text entries, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using aliases or identities other than their own or any other means.
f. Disqualify entrants who tamper with the entry process.
g. Disqualify entries which, in some other way, do not meet the requirements of these Terms & Conditions.
h. Cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion should it not be capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion.
14. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason a Prize and/or any element of a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute that Prize or element of the Prize for another of equal or greater value.
15. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to www.aldigoldenchristmas.co.uk.
16. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion (JS13898) or accepting or using the/a Prize(s), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
17. The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control arising from but not limited to Acts of God, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, plague or other natural calamities, or any other circumstances.
18. The Promoter is the controller of the personal data that we collect from you. We collect and process the personal data on behalf of the Promoter as its processor. All personal data supplied for this Promotion will be processed for the purpose of this Promotion and for the Promoter’s legitimate interest in running the Promotion. The Promoter may also process your postcode data for research and analytical purposes for its legitimate interest in understanding the response to the Promotion by geographic area. It may also share your personal data with third party PR agencies for the purposes of Section 12, where you consent to such sharing under that Section. For further information on how your personal data will be processed and your rights in relation to the same, please refer to the Promoter’s main privacy notice at: https://www.aldi.co.uk/privacy.
19. If any part/s of these Terms & Conditions are legally ruled to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder will not be affected and will continue in full force and effect.
20. By entering, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
21. If there is a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and those in any promotional material, these Terms & Conditions will prevail.
22. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.