TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE EASTER CHOCOLATE HASHTAG PRIZE DRAW (the “Prize Draw”)
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the contractual terms on which you may enter the Prize Draw (the “Terms”).
We recommend that, if you intend to enter the Prize Draw, you print a copy of these Terms for your future reference.
Information About Us
1. The promoter is ALDI Stores Limited (“ALDI”). We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 2321869. Our registered office is at Holly Lane, Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 2SQ. Our VAT number is GB813053468.
2. To contact us, please visit us at https://customerservice.ALDI.co.uk/contact or call us on 0800 042 0800.
How to Enter the Prize Draw
3. To enter the Prize Draw all you need to do is:
- Take a picture of you with your Aldi chocolate hashtag; and
- Share the picture online via Twitter or Instagram together with the hasthtag #AldiHashtagHunt
RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
4. Anyone who is over 18 and resident in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) can enter the Prize Draw except:
a. ALDI’s employees and their immediate families (such as children, spouses, siblings, aunts, uncles and grandparents); or
b. employees, officers or agents of any companies associated with the Prize Draw.
5. No more than one entry may be made per person, per social media platform.
6. Providing incorrect information (such as a false name or address) will mean you are ineligible to enter the Prize Draw.
7. ALDI may disregard any entry it believes has been made in breach of these Terms.
8. You do not need to purchase an Aldi chocolate hasthtag to enter the Prize Draw.
9. The prize is one year’s supply of Aldi’s standard sized Dairyfine own-brand chocolate for one person. The prize will be delivered in instalments or otherwise as agreed with the winner and equates to one bar of chocolate per week.
10. Alternatively, the winner can elect for £200 in Aldi vouchers to redeem in store only.
11. No alternative prizes will be provided. Only one prize is available to one winner.
12. The closing time for entries will be 11:59pm on Sunday 1 April 2018. After this time, no further entries to the Prize Draw will be accepted. The winner will be announced within 28 days of the closing date.
13. No cash alternative is available to the prize and it cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged.
PRIZE DRAW RULES AND PROCEDURES
14. Where appropriate, Prize Draw entries which express an opinion must be written in good faith and must be honestly believed, appropriate, civil, tasteful and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette. Where appropriate, Prize Draw entries which are a creative work of any kind must be written or created in good faith and must be your own work, appropriate, civil, tasteful and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette.
16. Entries must in particular not:
a. be illegal or unlawful under any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
b. infringe any third party's legal rights (including any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right);
c. be libellous, maliciously false, harassing or threatening;
d. infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy, or right under data protection legislation;
e. be fraudulent, have a fraudulent purpose or effect, be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
f. be obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, promote violence or promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
g. be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading; or
h. constitute spam.
17. By entering the Prize Draw you warrant that your entry is your own work and that you own the copyright to it.
18. ALDI is not required to return entries to entrants in any form.
19. ALDI will not accept entries that are:
a. automatically generated by computer;
b. completed by third parties or in bulk;
c. illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; or
20. Please note that ALDI may contact you to discuss your entries to the Prize Draw.
SELECTING THE WINNERS
21. After the closing date of the Prize Draw, one winner will be selected at random from the Prize Draw entries.
22. ALDI will attempt to contact the winner within 28 days of the closing date of the Prize Draw by e-mail or phone (or, where appropriate, using the social media account via which the winning entry was submitted).
23. ALDI reserves the right to re-draw the Prize Draw if a winner:
- cannot reasonably be contacted within 28 days of the relevant draw; or
- does not provide Aldi with any information and/or confirmations requested to prove their eligibility to enter the Prize Draw.
24. If the winner elects for vouchers, the vouchers will be sent to them at the UK address which they provide when contacted by ALDI. The vouchers will be delivered within 14 days of the winner’s confirmation of this address.
25. Please note that where the prize chosen is Aldi vouchers, these can only be redeemed in Aldi stores in England, Scotland and Wales (Aldi UK has no stores in Northern Ireland), and cannot be redeemed in the Republic of Ireland.
26. No cash alternative is available to the prize and it cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged.
PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY
27. The name and county of residence of the winner will be announced on ALDI’s website or appropriate social media channels within six weeks of the relevant draw. The winner’s post may also be shared, retweeted or reposted.
28. Prize Draw winners may be asked to take part in free publicity surrounding their win but participation in such publicity is not compulsory.
29. ALDI is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any promotional materials relating to the Prize Draw.
Our LIABILITY TO YOU
31. If ALDI fails to comply with these Terms it will be responsible for the loss or damage which you suffer which is a foreseeable result of its breach of the Terms or its negligence. However, ALDI will not be responsible for loss or damage which is not foreseeable or which is outside of ALDI’s reasonable control.
32. No responsibility or liability will be accepted by ALDI for entries which are not received, are incomplete or are lost in transmission for any reason. Proof of sending or transmission will not be accepted as proof of entry. Corrupted, damaged, unintelligible, inaudible or incomplete entries will be invalid.
SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
33. By accepting these Terms you acknowledge that:
a. the Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social media site(s) on or via which the Prize Draw has been promoted (the “Social Media Site(s)”);
b. the Social Media Site(s)’ operators have no liability to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Prize Draw for any loss of profits, loss of sales or business, loss of agreements or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of or damage to goodwill, loss of use or corruption of software, data or information or any other direct, indirect or consequential loss; and
c. any use of the Social Media Site(s) in relation to the Prize Draw will be subject to the Terms of Service / Use and Privacy Policies shown on those site(s) from time to time.
34. Please note that anyone found to be creating or using multiple accounts on Social Media Site(s) for the purpose of entering the Prize Draw will be ineligible to win the Prize Draw.
35. Discretion: Where these Terms refer to the exercise of any discretion by ALDI such discretion shall be absolute and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding any associated decisions.
36. Events beyond our control: Events may occur that render the Prize Draw itself or the selection of a winner impractical due to reasons beyond ALDI’s control. We may, at our discretion, make such variations or amendments to the Prize Draw as we feel are necessary as a result of such events.
37. Cancellation of the Prize Draw: ALDI reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Prize Draw in whole or in part at anytime. We will not have any liability, whether to you or to any third-party, as a result of such a change.
38. Entire Agreement: These Terms (together with the documents referred to in them) constitute the entire agreement between you and ALDI in relation to your entry to the Prize Draw, and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements in respect of the Prize Draw.
39. Variation: We may update these Terms from time to time without prior notice. ALDI will attempt to notify customers of variations by placing a suitable notice on the website or social media channel where the Prize Draw has been promoted (or will provide other suitable notice, as appropriate).
40. Other promotions: Any other promotions run by ALDI will be governed by their own separate terms and conditions.
43. Assignment: ALDI may at any time assign, transfer, mortgage, charge or deal in any other manner with any or all of its rights and obligations under or arising from these Terms.
44. Severability: Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
45. 3rd Party Rights: These Terms relate to an agreement between you and ALDI. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of these Terms.
46. Applicable Law: These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
47. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
48. Aldi is committed to respecting your privacy and complying with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.
49. This policy sets out the basis on which your personal data will be used in respect of the Prize Draw. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated. By entering the Prize Draw you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
50. Please note that by entering the Prize Draw you are providing information to both Aldi and Red Consultancy (the “Agency”), a public relations company helping Aldi to run the Prize Draw. The Agency is a company registered in England with company number 02913684 and their registered office is at 8th Floor, Holborn Gate, 26 Southampton Buildings, London, WC2A 1AN
51. Information provided while using any Social Media Site(s) associated with the Prize Draw may also be separately gathered by those sites and used in accordance with their Terms of Service / Use and Privacy Policies.
52. Your entry to the Prize Draw will require you to provide Aldi and the Agency with the following information:
- [your name];
- [if you are selected as a winner of the Prize Draw, your email address];
- [if you are selected as a winner of the Prize Draw, proof of your age];
- [if you are selected as a winner of the Prize Draw, your address]
53. Aldi and the Agency will use your information in the following ways:
54. Your name and county of residence: The name and country of residence of the Prize Draw winner will be announced in accordance with the “Publicity and Privacy” section of the Terms.
55. Your Social Media account name, Social Media profile picture and the contents of your entry to the Prize Draw: These may appear in media coverage resulting from publicity announcing the results of the Prize Draw, in Aldi’s leaflets and marketing materials, on the Aldi website and on social media channels, including:
• pinterest.com/aldiukstores; and
56. We will use your data to notify you if you win the Prize Draw or if we are otherwise required to contact you in relation to the Prize Draw (this may include contacting you to discuss your entry to the Prize Draw).
57. Your proof of your age will be solely used to verify that you are old enough to win the Prize Draw.
58. Your address will be used to deliver your prize where applicable.
59. Your email address and phone number (where provided) may be used to contact you in relation to the Prize Draw (this may include contacting you to discuss your entry to the Prize Draw).
60. Additionally, we may use your data to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
61. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.