Aldi is a proud and longstanding funder of independent alcohol education charity, Drinkaware.
Aldi supports them in their mission to reduce alcohol misuse and harm in the UK. Drinkaware offers information and a range of digital tools designed to help people make better choices about their drinking.
The UK Chief Medical Officer’s low risk drinking guidelines for both men and women state that:
• To keep health risks from alcohol to a low level it is safest not to drink more than 14 units a week on a regular basis
• If you regularly drink as much as 14 units per week, it’s best to spread your drinking evenly over 3 or more days
• If you have 1 or 2 heavy drinking episodes a week, you increase your risk of long-term illness and injury
We clearly label our own-label alcohol products with the below information, to help prevent alcohol misuse:
• Information on calorie content
• Responsibility statement
• Reference to the Drinkaware website
• Clear unit content
• A warning about drinking when pregnant
Due to the growing concern of the impact of energy drinks on children, we were one of the first retailers to stop selling energy drinks to under 16s.
This applies to drinks with more than 150mg of caffeine per litre.
We decided to introduce this age restriction in response to the growing concern about the consumption of energy drinks among young people.