This page tells you the terms on which you may enter the Competition (the “Terms”).
ALDI is running the Competition to give 1,000 people a £5 Aldi voucher each, which can be used to purchase mince pies in store.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
1. The Competition’s promoter is ALDI Stores Limited (“ALDI”). We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 02321869. Our registered office is at Holly Lane, Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 2SQ. Our VAT number is GB813053468.
2. To contact us, please visit us at https://help.aldi.co.uk/s/ or call us on 0800 042 0800.
HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
3. To enter the Competition, you must:
a) Send an e-mail to email@example.com, including:
i) your full name;
ii) your email address;
4. Each prize will consist of one £5 digital voucher sent via email to the first 1,000 eligible entry emails that arrive at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org after 00:01 on 21.09.2023.
RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
5. Entry is open to all residents of the UK aged 18 or over except:
a) ALDI’s employees and their immediate families (such as children, spouses, siblings, aunts, uncles and grandparents); or
b) employees, officers or agents of any companies associated with the Competition.
6. No more than one entry may be made per person. Anyone found to be creating or using multiple email accounts to enter the Competition will be ineligible to receive a voucher.
7. The Competition commences at 00:01 in London on 21.09.2023 and vouchers will be assigned to the first 1,000 eligible entries.
8. Use of a false name or email address, or the provision of any other untruthful, inaccurate or misleading information, will result in disqualification from the Competition.
9. You may only enter the Competition using an email account that you control.
10. Any attempt to tamper or interfere with the entry process will result in disqualification from the Competition.
11. Entries made using results generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
12. ALDI may remove entries from the Competition at any time if it believes that such entry has been made in breach of these Terms or is otherwise not in the spirit of the Competition.
13. ALDI reserves the right to request proof of age to confirm that any winner is at least 18 years old.
CONTACTING THE WINNERS
14. ALDI will attempt to distribute digital vouchers to the winners within 21 days of receiving their entry;
15. Voucher distribution is subject to the winner confirming their full name and the email address to which the voucher should be sent.
16. ALDI reserves the right to retract the prize offer if the winner:
a) cannot reasonably be contacted by ALDI within one week of ALDI’s first attempt to do so; or
b) does not provide ALDI with the information and/or confirmations required under Paragraphs 13 and 15 above.
17. The Aldi voucher is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
18. ALDI reserves the right:
a) not to award a voucher to a winner if ALDI reasonably considers that that winner’s behaviour is in breach of these Terms;
b) appoint more than 1,000 winners, at its sole discretion.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
19. If ALDI fails to comply with these Terms it will be responsible for the loss or damage which you suffer which is a foreseeable result of its breach of the Terms or its negligence. However, ALDI will not be responsible for loss or damage which is not foreseeable or which is outside of ALDI’s reasonable control.
20. No responsibility or liability will be accepted by ALDI for entries which are not received, received after the maximum number of entries has been received, or are lost in transmission for any reason. Proof of sending or transmission will not be accepted as proof of entry. Corrupted, damaged, unintelligible, illegible, inaudible or incomplete entries will be invalid.
21. Discretion: Where these Terms refer to the exercise of any discretion by ALDI such discretion shall be absolute and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding any associated decisions. ALDI reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any entry or remove or replace a winner if ALDI believes there to have been a breach of these Terms.
23. Events beyond our control: Events may occur that render the Competition itself, the selection of winners, impractical due to reasons beyond ALDI’s control. We may, at our discretion, make such variations or amendments to the Competition as we feel are necessary as a result of such events.
24. Cancellation of the Competition: While ALDI will use every effort to ensure the Competition is open until 1,000 entries have been received, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition in whole or in part at any time. If you have already entered the Competition by that point we will notify you of the change via the e-mail address which you supply to us when you enter the Competition. We will endeavour to give seven days' notice of such a cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. If this is not possible we shall give you as much notice as we reasonably can.
25. Entire Agreement: These Terms (together with the documents referred to in them) constitute the entire agreement between you and ALDI in relation to your entry to the Competition and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements in respect of the Competition.
26. Other promotions: Any other promotions run by ALDI will be governed by their own separate terms and conditions.
27. Applicable Law: These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The courts of England and Wales shall have non?exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.
ALDI Mince Pie Giveaway: The ALDI Mince Pie giveaway will give 1,000 entrants a £5 voucher for the purpose of purchasing mince pies in stores.
Types of Data: By entering the competition you agree to provide ALDI with:
a) your name;
b) your e-mail address;
Uses of Data: We may use the data you provide in the following ways:
a) Your name and e-mail address: This will be used to administer the competition (including notifying you if you become a winner and sharing your digital gift card or otherwise contacting you in relation to the Competition);
b) Proof of your age (if required): This will be solely used to verify that you are old enough to enter the competition
c) Your e-mail address: If you consent to it, to contact you in relation to our newsletters and marketing; and
Basis for Processing: Variously, your consent to be a competition winner, your consent to receiving marketing communications and our legitimate interests (to learn more about what our customers feel about our products).
Third-Parties Involved: Our main partner in the ALDI Mince Pie giveaway competition is Clarion Communications (P.R.) Limited (“Clarion”), a public relations company helping ALDI to run the Competition. Clarion are registered in England and Wales with company number 2517824 and their registered office is at Rose Court, 2 Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 9HS.
We may also disclose your data to selected third-party service providers involved with:
a) TV, radio, print and other media production; and
b) making deliveries of products.