5 large Eggs
310g Self raising flour
310g Caster sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
4 Large Eggs
225g Self Raising flour
250g Caster Sugar
25g Cocoa Powder
600g Dark Chocolate
250ml Double Cream
1. Begin by placing all the ingredients for the vanilla sponge in a food processor and blitz for a couple of minutes until smooth.
2. Repeat the process with the chocolate cake mix.
3. Grease the 3 cake tins with a little butter and then place the guide in the first tin.
4. Carefully fill the outside and the middle with vanilla sponge and the second ring with chocolate sponge.
5. Remove and clean the guide and repeat in the next tin. For the third tin use chocolate sponge for the outside and centre and vanilla for the middle.
6. Bake at 170°C for 30-40 minutes until cooked and a cocktail stick comes out clean. Leave cakes to cool.
7. Make the ganache by mixing the chocolate and double cream and microwave for 30 second intervals until melted, well combined and thick and glossy.
8. When the cakes have cooled stack them; large vanilla, chocolate then vanilla and use the ganache between layers of cake and then cover with ganache.